Sunday, July 14, 2013

The People Of Calamba Are So Humble.......

So I am in the Philippines!!! Where to begin....The People here are so funny. They look at me as if I am a Star, the kids look at me as if I am Godzilla...ha ha!!! What I love about being here is the ability of the people to look for the good in things. Most people here build their own homes out of scraps of things. Most of the people here can almost make it with living the way they do, but they all have smiles on their faces when they see the Missionaries. At church yesterday we had like 100 people attend. Some didn't have white shirts and ties. Some had to walk for miles to get to church. I truly have taken for granted everything I have back home. I have seen so many blessings I have received throughout my life. These people here are so humble. I love it here so much because these people are so ready to hear about our messages we have for them! I will admit, the work isn't easy. It's not easy because it is the Lords work. The Lords work and way, is to teach people one by one. To love them one by one. It is so much fun and I am so glad to be here! I miss you all and Love you all with all my heart! Until next week..... Mahal Kita!!!! -Elder Sarmiento

No comments:

Post a Comment