Monday, November 11, 2013

High On A Mountain Top During Super Typhoon Haiyan.........


My first Transfer!!!  My new area is Majayjay.....



Ok so like the earthquake, were were luckily safe and not really affected.  We where not able to work for 2 days so instead we just stayed in and studied while having brown outs left and right (power outages) and other things.








Then on Saturday we had no water....we were able to work but, we couldn't take showers.   We had to walk over and get water in jugs  use that to take showers and then work.  After a while the water was turned back on, that was a blessing from our work.  My new area is Majayjay, with Elder Calisaan.  He is awesome & he is always happy,  is so inspiring it helps me keep going.  My new area always reminds me of the song "High On A Mountain Top" it's great!!!!




The water here is so cold for showers, I almost want to cry.  My companion screams as he takes one so its great.  The area is something interesting, it feels like never ending walking sometimes.  Along with that its amazing views that they have here.



Many bridges that look like if I walk on them they would brake, so I always let me companion go first to see how that it.  Other than that its pretty cool here, so I still sweat but not as bad as my last area.

We don't change Elder Sarmientos writing, we think it pretty cool to see how his thought process is now in the language of Tagalog.  How he forms his sentences and words.  So sometimes you will read and it might not make since, but that's ok....it's only for 18 more months.



The Tagalog is always coming sometimes slower than other times, but its still good.  Well I don't have much time so I got to go.  Everything is good here though.  Sooner than Later it will be my 6th months than Christmas!!!  Can't wait to for my first Christmas here in the PHILIPPINES  YEAHHH!!!!  ha ha




I told Elder Sarmiento we were getting so many people asking about him after the Super Typhoon, here is what he wanted us to share with our Ward and on his Blog

Something I learned, no matter the opposition, no matter the trials, no matter the struggles, I have learned the Lord is always there.  He always helps us in ways we may not even know.  From my understanding we may not know them all but, as we seek to see them more day by day we can see more happiness in our lives.

Well take care everyone!!  Love you and Miss You All!!!  Take care til' next week!!!
Love you all but, I got to go.  BYE!!!!
-Elder Sarmiento


That is One Big Jungle Ant!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I wanted to invite you to join us in the San Pablo Mission family group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Sanpablofamilies/
    Hope you'll consider joining us!

    ReplyDelete