Sunday, September 15, 2013

An Unexpected Miracle.......

This week I was able to Baptize a women, her daughter has given me a "Elder Teddy Bear".  It seems to stick with me were ever I go in this area.  The baptism went really well, my first while on my mission!  We may be teaching her parents in the future.  We also have 3 other investigators that might be getting baptized soon also.

Elder Sarmiento's First Baptism of someone he taught all the lessons to and then Baptized
You can see how Elder Sarmiento is so Tan....Look at his feet

So I have a really cool story to share with you, We actually had a wonderful experience this week that we didn't even know.  There is an illness here called Dengay, it might be spelled wrong.  Anyways this sickness you get from mosquitoes and when you have it you have a fever and it hurts to move.  For some reason here there is a treatment, but this illness is actually deadly.  We had a Priest in our ward who got it and they wanted us to give blood.  As Missionary rules state we cannot give blood.  So instead we gave a blessing at 7:00 on the way to a service project.  So we found the hospital and the room, met the sister and gave him a blessing.  As we finished we stayed a little and then left.  Yesterday we had Fast & Testimony meeting where when we walked into the Sacrament room the Priest was there sitting and waiting to take the Sacrament.  The father went up during testimony meeting and he old everyone the story how through the priesthood authority we healed his son miraculously in two days.  He was in tears and so happy that we did that.  He also said something interesting, is that we didn't stay and wait around but, he said they just did it and left continuing the work of the Lord.  This was an amazing thing that I didn't even know happened until yesterday.

 Theres miracles here and there sometimes.  The problem that seems common here is, people like the messages and stuff, but they want the miracles to convert them.  Its been really great and fun though.

The Typhoon water hasn't cleared.  Our recent convert is actually living with about 200 people on a school basketball court.  We also found out another Typhoon is on its way.  We have had an overcast for the last 2 days and it will probably rain either today or tomorrow.

So my companion is Elder Seggay and he is really been great.  He has helped me with teaching and improving.  The language is getting better, I have kinda hit a wall cause for some reason when  I thought I was almost there I feel like new words are coming out of peoples mouths.

I was able to see my Mission President last week and I was talking to him and his wife.  They asked how I was and I told them I was good.  My companion leaves after my 12 weeks of training ends so I told them I was happy that I wouldn't be training after 12 weeks in the field.  There is so many Missionaries some train after 12 weeks.  They told me after.... Hey you never know, so I might be training within the next few transfers.

Well we have a lot of cleaning to do.  A spider died on our celling in the room and ants got everywhere.  Now most are gone but we want to clean up and possible seal up the spot they came through.

This is some of the Ward Members attending the Baptism

Elder Sarmiento and Elder Seggay

No comments:

Post a Comment