Friday, December 20, 2013

Mission Tour Week!!!!!


So this week was a great week!!!! Tuesday we had a Quorum of the 70 come to our mission and talk to us.  He taught us about the Atonement.  It was interesting because he pointed out something most people don't see.  That is the atonement is so that bad me can become good, but it's also for members so that they can become from Good to Better to Best to Saint.  That is something I never thought about.  As we learn in scriptures we can understand that we are given the ability to repent and be baptized becoming clean from sin.  Now after that we can even become better.  As people on this earth we are not perfect.  So if we are not perfect why should we try?  The Savior has set the path so that we can follow it.  Now no one is perfect, but as we follow the path at time we will be led off of it.  The things we need to do is be led back.  Now as we do this it is sometimes tough.  We can learn through the Book of Mormon that we can ask for strength to be led back.  As we do this we can learn and become better people.  Now the reason why we should try is because as we try, as we ask the Eternal Father, we can improve our lives in ways that can bless us now, later and even Forever.  This concept for me was really just what seemed unreal before I left the mission.  I heard this life after death and well it seemed a little unreal.  As I have been on the mission and live this gospel every day as close as I can I have realized that it is true.  For many people it's hard to understand this, but the way I know this is because I have felt the spirit touch me in a way that nothing and no one else could.  I know that we can be strengthened in trials and as we use the atonement in our lives we can become from bad to Good to Better to Best and even to Saint.  I know that this is true, I have seen these trials and these blessings in my life.  I know that our Father is always here with us and all we have to do is ask for help and guidance.  Well I don't have a lot of time but I hope this all makes since.  I love you all and know these things are true!!!!!!! In the name of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ, Amen.  - Elder Sarmiento




No comments:

Post a Comment